The client had a large number of complex business processes which required a significant amount of analysis effort by HSD. HSD worked closely with both the clients project teams and also business sections to ensure that the requirements gathering and validation process was robust and accurate. This would eventually lead to a successful project outcome.
After the requirements validation processes, HSD delivered a Microsoft Dynamics 2015 CRM backend with 2 Microsoft .NET external portals which were integrated with Intelledox Infiniti formsl. The system based on the proposed COTS components provided a low risk solution. This was because both Dynamics CRM and Infiniti could:
- Provide valuable native functionality “out of the box”
- Deliver the majority of the requirements by configuration
- Be extended by development to meet unique, complex or edge case requirements
- Support integration with web services/API
- Provide native workflow, auditing, security and reporting capabilities
- Run on n-tier enterprise web architecture
- Were horizontally and vertically scalable and will support the clients evolving business needs into the future
Within the proposed system, Infiniti provided both smart-forms (eForms) and document generation capabilities (driven by data sourced from Dynamics CRM) that were integrated into the Microsoft .NET external portal. Infiniti also has a native Dynamics CRM connector that simplified integration with Dynamics CRM. This Infiniti–CRM connector enabled a configuration approach to CRM data retrieval and persistence.
This project was all made possible through a major data migration exercise which saw the cleansing and migration of all historical records from the previous system into the new solution.
After the initial release, the solution demonstrated its capacity to be scalable to changing nature of the business and its governing policies and legislation. Some examples of enhancement releases that have been completed are:
- Enhancement of complaints module.
- Upgrade from Dynamics 2015 to Dynamics 365 (on-premise).
- Integration of an external documentation system (Xpertdocs).
- Enhancement of invoicing system to enable a new cost recovery policy.
- Additional integration with external and internal business systems.
- Dynamics 365 on-premise
- Objective document management
- .NET Web Portal (x2)
- Intelledox Infiniti Forms
- “HSD Connect” integration service and job runner
- Xpertdocs document generation
- Ablebridge Editable Grids